Monday 22 February 2010

More Statist Bollocks

I am being bloody minded about my self assessment tax payment due on 31st January. In essence I am delaying paying the bastards anything until the last possible moment. I know I'll have to pay interest and penalties, but the price is worth it just to not give that bastard Brown any more money to fritter away.


Anyway, to the point of this post.


Just got a letter from the Inland Revenue. Sentence 1 reads as follows:


"Nine out of ten UK citizens pay their Self Assessment tax on time, funding the public services that we all benefit from".


W.T.F?


Talk about spin.


For a start that means that 10% don't, so I'd be a damn' fool to pay mine on time then?


Next. There are what, 32m people in employment in the UK. Of which 8.5m turn up for the state every day. Only about 3.0m of those do any 'work', e.g. doctors, nurses, military etc. and probably half of those could do their work in the private sector. So there arer 7m are just doing what exactly? Well, not paying tax for a start seeing as how any income tax notionally deducted from their turning up money is just a rebate to the rest of us in private business.


Then there is the bloody implicit message that public services are automatically a Good Thing. No they bloody well are not. 50% of these 'services' could be better delivered by the private sector where I could choose whether or not to pay for them, all the fake charities for example, or having my bins collected. And anyway they don't deliver services, they ration them. And, and, some of these services don't just take your money and spend it badly, they try and kill you! I have personal experience of this.


Fuck me. That sentence in that letter has made me very angry indeed.

1 comment:

Mark Wadsworth said...

Actually, there are about 32 million workers, of whom 8 million are in taxpayer funded jobs, and out of those 8 million there may be as many as 3 million doing useful stuff, but apart from that, agreed of course.